Ideas are the root of innovation and questions prompt ideas.
When Lisa asked EnviroDiamond’s founder Daren Swanson the billion dollar question, “Can’t you just pull the carbon out of carbon dioxide and stack it somehow?” an idea was born.
In response, Daren’s training and experiences lead him to discover an entirely new field of explosives and realm of materials synthesis. The technology he invented is an explosive that can be used to produce rare compounds and important structures that can improve many aspects of manufacturing, microelectronics and success in medical research.
To date, EnviroDiamond has achieved the following:
- Patents granted in 27 countries: Canada, US, Mexico, South Africa, China, Japan, India and 20 European countries.
- The production and analyses of many materials by industry partners, globally.
- Sales in Canada, US, Switzerland and Finland.
- Significant rock-breaking tests and post-detonation gas analysis tests, showing CDP is ideal as a replacement for certain mining explosives.
- Sale of a CDP Blaster System to a university in the US.